Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet: Southern Stories of Faith, Family and Fifteen Pounds of Bacon by Sophie Hudson

I'm pretty sure I first heard about this book from The Deliberate Reader, but it may have been Modern Mrs. Darcy. Or maybe it was both. Either way, I'm so glad I did hear about it!



I do not follow her blog, so her family and her writing style were completely new to me. I'm thinking I've been missing out. She is so funny. I found myself laughing aloud more than once while I was reading. Throughout various stories she introduces us to her family members and lets us in on family traditions. We are privy to funny family outings and events. She even shares several recipes with us as well. And most importantly, she doesn't take herself too seriously.

So this book is funny and poignant and all about family. It is so wonderful. I just can't express how much I enjoyed it.

DISCLAIMER: I did not receive a free copy of this book from anyone. I'm reviewing it because I thought you all might like to know about it.

No comments: