Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My Father's House Part 2

Many of my initial impressions are still accurate.

My Father's House: In Search of a Lost PastAvailable at Amazon

Even though I did like the setting and his courage throughout the book, the search got a little long somewhere towards the end. I can't even put my finger on exactly what it was. And quite honestly, it might have been the fact that there were two books I was really excited about that were behind this one.
However Goodreads says that the book is 342 pages long and Amazon says approximately 362. The version I have is 422. I'm not sure what the difference is, but if a few things were cut out of it, that's probably a good thing. There were a couple times that the story got a little loose. It could have been tightened up and it seems to have been if those page numbers can be believed. If not, be prepared that there are times that it gets a bit wordy and I was a little unsure of what it had to do with the overall story.

DISCLAIMER:
I put a link to Amazon because it was easiest and not because I am in any way affiliated with Amazon. I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for a review from Story Cartel.

No comments: