Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Searching for Normal by Alison Neuman: Book Review



While we all have at times felt left out and alone, Alison Neuman can easily have us all beat. Her disease has excluded her from many 'normal' activities. Maybe those times of exclusion made her more sensitive to others because never once did I feel that as a reader. She does not make herself into a hero or a victim. She is simply a woman living life and inviting us to hear her story. I am glad I had the opportunity to do so. I am glad to be included in her circle.

There were many occasions that this book left me stunned. I was stunned by her disease. I was stunned by the treatment she received from various people in the medical profession. I was stunned by her courage to keep going. I was stunned by her desire to keep trying new things. Alison Neuman is a woman who has overcome and flourished through some incredible odds. Her story is comforting, inspiring, and educational. 

DISCLAIMER: I received a free copy of the book from Story Cartel in exchange for an honest review.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Searching for Normal Paperback – October 21, 2013

No comments: