Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31 Days of Characters: Astin Windsor

Somewhere maybe a couple years ago, I read about the 31 Days blogging challenge. You pick a topic and write a blog post for every day in October on that topic. I have wanted to participate in the past, but haven't had a good idea. Last year, I told myself that I would do it this year. Well, here it is October and I completely forgot about the challenge until I read a blog post mentioning it. Then I thought I better come up with an idea quick. Followed by the thought that I was crazy to even think about attempting this. I'm sure that I'm crazy, but I came up with an idea. I may not finish this challenge, but that's okay. I'm going to try it. My motto will be: "Hold tight and pretend it is a plan.". (Thanks to Doctor Who via Michelle for the quote.)

Now on to my idea. A very long time ago, like about 18 years or so, I created a list of character names that I liked. I even grouped them together and put them in a setting in case I wanted to write a story about them some day. I am hoping to find that list and work from it. If not, then I will just make up a new one. I will present 31 characters to you that have been wandering around my head. I have not put any of them into stories, but I might some day.

So without further ado:


Name: Astin Windsor (As in the car and the House of...)

Location: Some large European city. Maybe Canada or South America. Somewhere foreign to her.

Appearance: Long straight black hair parted in the center, tall, curvy and well proportioned (Not fat, but not thin.) (At least that's what I think would be more interesting, but I can't picture it in my head yet.) Colorful! She is always mixing and matching patterns and colors that most wouldn't dare to wear, but she doesn't care for traditional fashion ideas.

Career: Artist.

Personality: Her social awkwardness has increased her preference for pictures over people. She is a loner. Words often escape her, so talking to others is difficult and writing is not preferred. Her lack of ability with words has made her choice to live in another country whose language she does not know easier. If she doesn't know the language, she doesn't have to worry about speaking to them. She seems snobbish because of her money and social awkwardness, but in reality she is just quiet and introspective. And I normally write characters with a little bit of sass. She will probably not be different.

Back Story: ????? I really have no back story for her.

Where are they now?: There is an artsy area of the city. She travels there on a bike each day with her art supplies. She creates quick things for tourist, but the heart of her work is at home in her loft space. And then what???


Day 2: Ceddie Breen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the pictures on this blog loading?
I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My web-site home designs ideas (http://www.homeimprovementdaily.com/)

Andrea Ward said...

They seem to be working for me. It might be your browser you are using.