Based on my rankings, I think this was the year of fantasy. If I remembered to record them all in Goodreads, I have 'read' 32 books this year. However, there are 2 of those books that I didn't finish. So I don't really count those. So I read 30 books this year.
10. The Supreme's at Earl's All You Can Eat (Blog Review)
9. The Slaves Have Names (Blog Review)
8. Snow White and Rose Red: The Curse of the Huntsman
7. Searching for Normal (Blog Review)
6. A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet (Blog Review)
5. Mixed Feelings (Blog Review)
4. Finding Poe
3. Ocean at the End of the Lane (Blog Review)
2. Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore (Blog Review)
1. River's Deep (Blog Review)
With links to two different-ish reviews, it seems silly to write more thoughts about them. So I won't. A couple notes about the rankings I will mention though.
Is anyone surprised that Erin Keyser Horn is number one again this year? I'm not. This is the 3rd year in a row she has been at the top of my book list. She really is that good and I really do love her characters that much!
Unreliable narrators are growing on me. Actually, I'm becoming rather fascinated by them as evidenced by #3 and #4.
I finished #8 and #4 late in the year. So I didn't have time to write a blog post on here about them. Maybe I will have one for them in the near future to elaborate more on my thoughts.
Fantasy has been an unintended focus for me this year. #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 and #8 are all books I would include in that genre.
#6 and #7 are memoirs. #9 is non-fiction, but not quite a memoir. #10 is fiction, but not fantasy.
#5 and #7 are books that I received through Story Cartel for free in exchange for an honest review. My honest review is that I really enjoyed them. Check out that site. They have good stuff.
And if you want a few more book thoughts from me, check this one out.