Thursday, December 24, 2015

Book Review: The Red Ribbon by Rachel B. Ledge

The Red RibbonThe Red Ribbon by Rachel B. Ledge
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a free copy of this book from Story Cartel in exchange for an honest review.

This book is amazing!! England pretty much any time in history is a favorite. Add in romance, intrigue, and a dash of ghosts and I'm in. I assumed I would like it. I didn't expect to fall passionately in love with this book. From early on, I HAD to know what was going to happen to these people. They just had to be okay because they were too amazing to be anything else. Julia, Roland, Clementine, and a few others whose names I won't mention for fear of giving something away are now dear friends. Charles King is a horrid awful person.

I sped through this book because I had to know that my new friends were okay. Now I'm ready to back an read through it slowly to catch all that I missed the first time. I will be ordering a physical copy of this book in the very near future. I have to have these people near me.


View all my reviews

Right now on Amazon Kindle, it is only $0.99! It is worth way more than that! I will say there were a few typos that might bother some. And there were some areas were the characterization was a bit thin and the plot may have been rushed in a few places. It does jump right into the middle of the whole thing and it dances around some other issues. So it isn't perfect, but I loved it too much to let those (in this book) minor issues detract from my deep and passionate love. However, for some of you and even for myself at the right time, these minor issues could be major ones. So you have been forewarned!

Personally, the fact that I want to read it again says a lot. I almost NEVER reread a book. The only one I have reread on purpose is Wuthering Heights. So that's pretty high praise from me. Amazing book!

No comments: